Bean Daifuku for the Beginning of Spring.
Ingredients of Bean Daifuku for the Beginning of Spring
- It’s 50 grams of ★Shiratamako.
- Prepare 30 grams of ★Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of or a bit less ★Salt.
- It’s 75 grams of ★Water.
- You need 30 of Japanese Black Beans (cooked and sweet) [small ones].
- Prepare 60 grams of Adzuki bean paste (coarsely mashed).
- It’s 1 of Katakuriko.
Bean Daifuku for the Beginning of Spring step by step
- Divide the bean paste into 3 portions (20 g each) and shape into balls (if you're making 4, divide into 4)..
- Put all the ★ ingredients into a heatproof dish and stir well with chopsticks to dissolve. Cover with cling film and heat in a microwave (500 W for about 2 minutes). Remove from the microwave and stir well again..
- Cover with cling film again and microwave (about 1 minute). Take out and stir well..
- Repeat this process again (a total of three times heating in a microwave). According to the type of microwave you use at home or the quantity you heat, it may not be enough. Just keep repeating the same process several times. It's ready once the daifuku dough is very thick and translucent..
- Sprinkle katakuriko on a large tray and place the dough on top. Sprinkle on more and divide into 3 portions while it's hot (if you're making 4, then divide into 4). Fold in the black beans without squashing them and shape into flat rounds. (Dust your hands with katakuriko to prevent sticking)..
- Wrap the portioned tsubu-an with the dough from Step 5 by pushing it in with your fingers, then shape into balls. Done!.