Strawberry Daifuku (Rice Cakes with Bean Jam).
You can cook Strawberry Daifuku (Rice Cakes with Bean Jam) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Daifuku (Rice Cakes with Bean Jam)
- Prepare 12 of Strawberries (small).
- Prepare 200 grams of Mochiko.
- It’s 60 grams of Sugar.
- You need 250 ml of Water.
- It’s 360 grams of Sweet red bean paste.
- You need 4 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s 12 of Salted cherry blossoms.
- You need 1 of Plastic wrap.
Strawberry Daifuku (Rice Cakes with Bean Jam) step by step
- Rinse the strawberries and remove the stalks. Divide the bean paste into 30 g portions and shape into balls. Cover the strawberries with bean paste..
- Put the mochiko flour and sugar in a microwave safe dish and add water little by little. Stir slowly with a wooden spatula..
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave (500W) for 2 minutes. Uncover and stir with a wooden spatula..
- Cover with plastic wrap again and heat for 2 minutes. Uncover and stir well. Repeat this process one more time to make a thick dough..
- Dust a large container with katakuriko and transfer the dough. Divide into 12 portions and flatten into circles. Sprinkle with katakuriko as necessary..
- Place a circle of dough in the palm of your hand and put one portion of the strawberry and bean paste filling in the middle. Wrap the bean paste with the dough. Put the desalted cherry blossoms (soak in water and pat dry) on top and serve..