Easy Uguisu Mochi to Enjoy All Year Round.
You can have Easy Uguisu Mochi to Enjoy All Year Round using 6 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Uguisu Mochi to Enjoy All Year Round
- Prepare 120 grams of Koshi-an.
- Prepare 50 grams of Shiratamako.
- It’s 100 ml of Water.
- Prepare 60 grams of White sugar.
- Prepare 15 grams of Mizuame.
- It’s 1 of Uguisu flour (green kinako or soy bean flour).
Easy Uguisu Mochi to Enjoy All Year Round step by step
- You just need to use a kitchen scale and a heatproof container. Add the ingredients in the listed order. The dough is made in the microwave, at 600 W..
- Divide the koshi-an into 6 portions. If you measure the anko so that each portion weighs 20 g, the finished mochi cake will be just the right size..
- These photo only show 5 — they're from when I wanted to try making it with 5 big pieces, but the mochi cakes were too big and not very cute, so I'd stick with 6!.
- Put the shiratamako and 50 ml of water in a heatproof container, and mix well. Add the remaining 50 ml of water and white sugar, and mix again..
- Microwave for 1 minute. The perimeters of the dough will thicken first. Mix the whole thing up well with a sturdy spoon or wooden spatula..
- Microwave for another minute. The dough will thicken quite a bit. Mix again (or rather, knead it). It will be very sticky..
- Microwave for another minute, and knead again. It will have a mochi-like consistency at this stage..
- Add the mizuame, and microwave for 40 seconds. Knead. It will be shiny and mochi-like. The dough is now finished..
- Use the uguisu flour as the dusting flour. Don't use too much or it will go to waste. Just use enough..
- (There's too much uguisu flour in the photo!! Just dust the dough lightly so that it doesn't stick to your hands!!).
- Dust a shallow tray lightly with the uguisu flour, and put the cooked mochi dough onto it. Divide the mochi into 6 portions..
- Press the mochi out thin, top with a ball of the koshi-an, and close it up. Don't worry if some of the uguisu flour gets inside..
- Once the mochi is closed, place it on top of the uguisu flour like this, then place the cake in a No. 6 aluminium cupcake cup..
- Dust with some more uguisu flour using a tea strainer to finish..