Easy Daifuku with Leftover Mochi!.
You can have Easy Daifuku with Leftover Mochi! using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Daifuku with Leftover Mochi!
- Prepare 5 of Cut mochi.
- You need 1 can of Boiled adzuki beans.
- You need 1 of Katakuriko.
- It’s 1 tsp of Water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
Easy Daifuku with Leftover Mochi! instructions
- Spread the adzuki beans evenly in a microwave-safe dish and microwave uncovered at 600W for 5 minutes (until it looks like a honeycomb like in the picture above). Mix well to reduce excess moisture. If it's still watery, microwave again. Separate into 6 parts..
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the cut mochi and teaspoon of water and microwave at 600W for 3 minutes (until it somewhat expands). Once the mochi is soft, add sugar, wet a rolling pin, and use it to pound the mochi in the bowl (in a motion as if folding the mochi at the bottom to the top)..
- Continue this until it comes together in a ball..
- Coat your hands lightly in katakuriko. Divide the mochi into 6 portions and roll into balls. Take one ball and flatten, then wrap around one portion of adzuki. (The one in the picture is a bit too thick.) Completely cover the bean paste and tightly squeeze the mochi so that it doesn't fall apart..
- Serve before they harden. They should be fine up to about an hour. Of course, if they get too hard to eat, you can try baking them..