Mocha Walnut Dorayaki.
You can cook Mocha Walnut Dorayaki using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mocha Walnut Dorayaki
- It’s 50 grams of Walnuts.
- Prepare 60 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 20 grams of Caster sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Instant coffee.
- Prepare 30 ml of Lukewarm water.
- You need 30 ml of Milk.
- It’s 150 grams of Anko.
- You need 1 of Vegetable oil.
Mocha Walnut Dorayaki step by step
- Spread walnuts out on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Preheat the oven to 320°F/160°C, then bake for 10 minutes to roast. Remove the skins..
- Leave 12 nuts uncrushed and chop the rest..
- Dissolve the instant coffee in lukewarm water..
- Combine the egg yolk with sugar and honey and mix well..
- Combine cake flour and baking soda, sift into the egg, and mix together with a spatula..
- Add the milk and the coffee mixture from Step 3 and mix well. If you have time, chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour..
- Lightly grease a frying pan with oil and heat. Position a couple uncrushed walnuts apart from each other on the pan..
- Pour a tablespoon of batter directly on top of each walnut and cook over low heat..
- When the edges are cooked, flip over and cook for a little while longer before removing. Repeat until all 12 walnuts have been used..
- Make pairs of the walnut pancakes and fill with the combined mixture of bean paste and chopped walnuts like a sandwich..
- All done! If you're not eating them right away, wrap them individually in cling wrap..