Basic Nerikiri (Bean Paste and Rice Dough).
You can have Basic Nerikiri (Bean Paste and Rice Dough) using 3 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Basic Nerikiri (Bean Paste and Rice Dough)
- It’s 100 grams of Shiro-an.
- It’s 10 grams of Gyuuhi.
- You need 1 dash of Food coloring.
Basic Nerikiri (Bean Paste and Rice Dough) instructions
- Microwave the shiro-an for 1 minute at the highest setting. Tear the gyuuhi into small pieces and knead into the shiro-an with a spoon while mashing the pieces..
- Microwave for another 30 seconds. When the mixture is smooth, cool it down completely..
- The basic nerikiri is done when it doesn't stick to your fingers when you pinch it. If it's too soft and sticky, repeat Step 2..
- You can color the nerikiri by adding drops of food coloring and kneading it in until the dough is evenly colored..
- I divided the dough into 3 portions, and colored one pink and another one green..
- To make a nerikiri plum flower: Divide the light red (pink) and white balls of dough in half. Wrap the pink dough around the white dough, using more pink dough than white as shown here..
- When the pink dough is wrapped around the white dough, roll the ball in your hands until the seam disappears. It's OK if the white dough shows through a bit..
- Mark the top and sides of the dough with a spoon. If you can get the white dough to show through a bit, it will have a gradated effect and will be very pretty..
- This is user "Risunoshippo"'s creation, hedgehogs. She colored the nerikiri with cocoa powder and cinnamon powder, and made the needles with scissors! So cute..