Mishti Doi. Mishti doi recipe with step by step pics. Mishti doi is a classic Bengali sweet made with milk, curd culture and jaggery or sugar. The jaggery used traditionally to make mishti doi is palm jaggery. #mishtidoi #recipes #dessert #yoghurt Learn how to make mishti doi recipe at home.
Ingredients of Mishti Doi
- You need 1/2 litre of milk.
- It’s 6 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 4 of almonds.
- Prepare 1/2 of elaichi powder.
- You need 10 of pistachios.
- It’s 2 tbsp of curd (jaaman).
Mishti doi reminds me, and probably all Bengalis an earthen pot filled with a brownish mass of sweet curd. Mishti doi though a very popular dessert throughout Bengal, it is rarely prepared at home. Made with Greek yogurt and a strawberry topping, it is super creamy and healthier than regular cheesecake! Mishti Doi is one of the most popular Bengali recipes.
Mishti Doi instructions
- Keep the milk to boil on low flame..
- Add half of sugar to it and let the milk reduce slowly to half.Keep stirring in between when milk reduces to half off the flame.Add elaichi powder and mix nicely.
- Caramelize the half of sugar and mix it to the reduced milk this gives a amazing taste and beautiful colour to doi.
- When the milk is a bit hot pour it it any kullad or bowl add 2 tbs dahi (jaanam)to set and keep it in any warm place for setting for 10 to 12 hrs.
- Ou mishti doi is ready to serve.Garnish with pistachios and chopped almonds.
Made of full cream milk and sugar, it is a delight for those who are born with a sweet tooth. Mishti doi is a Bengali dessert that combines fermented doi curd—usually made from cow, buffalo, or goat milk—and sugar or jaggery (cane sugar). The process of making mishti doi involves cooking. Mishti Doi is synonymous with Bengal in East India. Mishti Doi tastes great but is amazingly simple to make.