Mishti doi popsicles. Hello friends Today I'm going to share my favorite recipe MISHTI DOI मिष्टि दोई (Indian Style Yogurt Popsicles) I hope you will like it and enjoy it in. Mishti doi recipe with step by step pics. Mishti doi is a classic Bengali sweet made with milk, curd culture and jaggery The method of making mishti doi is different than making a simple curd or dahi.
It is made with milk and sugar/jaggery. Mishti doi is a traditional Bengali sweet that is usually prepared during most celebrations and festive seasons. The Bengali mishti doi is basically sweetened dahi and is prepared by fermenting thick milk. + The Best Mishti Doi Recipe: Mishti Doi, or Mithi Dahi, or sweet yogurt, is possibly the most popular and beloved sweet dish in Bengal, and arguably the state's second most important culinary export. You can have Mishti doi popsicles using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mishti doi popsicles
- It’s 350 gms of Thick Yogurt.
- You need 1/3 cup + 4 tbsp of scrapped, Date Palm Jaggery (it is not intensely sweet like the regular jaggery), adjust to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cardamom Powder.
- Prepare 1 – 2 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 1 – 2 tbsp of Nuts of your choice (optional).
Bhapa Mishti Doi (Nolen Gurer Mishti Doi) is a popular dessert. This Bengali Bhapa Doi is known as Deceptively Simple Mishti Doi. Have you ever been to Calcutta, the erstwhile capital of colonial. Presenting the sensation "Mishti Doi" !
Mishti doi popsicles step by step
- In a sauce pan, mix one tablespoons of water with jaggery and stir till the jaggery melts (use more water only if required). Remove from heat and strain the mixture through a muslin cloth to remove any impurities..
- Lightly whisk the yoghurt and add the jaggery mix and cardamom powder. Add finely chopped nuts of your choice (optional)..
- Pour the yoghurt carefully in ice cream moulds and insert the stick in the centre. Freeze the moulds for at least 4 – 5 hours or till the yogurt is set..
- Unmould the popsicles by giving it a swift dip in a bowl of water and then pull out the stick..
- Drizzle with date syrup (optional) and garnish with nuts (optional)..
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!.
- Note – Feel free to use the sweetener of your choice but Mishti Doi traditionally uses jaggery (and when in season, date palm jaggery is used)..
- Note – You will need to add a little more sweetness than required, as the sweetness seems to reduce once the yoghurt freezes. So adjust the sweetness accordingly..
Our music is an eccentric mix of all. Mishti doi is a Bengali dessert and it is a popular sweet dish in India also. Mishti doi is mainly made with some caramelized sugar and you can find this traditional sweet dish in earthen pots. Made with Greek yogurt and a strawberry topping, it is super creamy and healthier than regular cheesecake! Mishti doi is sweetened yoghurt made by combining thickened milk, sugar and yoghurt in a claypot or earthenware, and is kept in a warm place until it ferments and sets.