Strawberry flavoured mishti doi. Instead of spending hours searching for a Strawberry Mishti Doi Recipe recipe online, here's a step-by-step process to make a Strawberry Mishti Place the chopped strawberries into the earthenware pots and pour the yoghurt mixture in. Keep in a warm place for the mishti doi to set overnight. Mishti doi is a fermented sweet doi originating from the Bengal region of the Indian subcontinent; and common in the Indian states of West Bengal, Tripura.
Mishti doi was and is one of my favorite Bengali sweet. This mishti doi is quite delicately flavoured and mild sweet. The creaminess is lesser because of less fat content. You can have Strawberry flavoured mishti doi using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strawberry flavoured mishti doi
- Prepare 500 litre of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of strawberry crush.
- You need 2 tbsp of hung curd.
The sweetness is mild and flavourful due to the palm sugar. I have never tried and I don't intent to either. Mishti Doi always is a proper dessert, sometimes served with a rasgulla dipped into it. Mishti Do is a traditional west Bengal sweet that's made by fermenting sweet yoghurt.
Strawberry flavoured mishti doi instructions
- First put milk to boil,when it becomes half add sugar.When milk come to room temperature slightly warm then add strawberry crush and mix well..
- Second you have to put water steamer on gas stove on low flame of gas.Now make a mould ready,after that in milk mixer add curd and give a nice stir to the batter..
- Pour the mixer in mould and put in steamer.and close the lid.It will take 20 minutes on low flame.Remember that the gas temperature should be on low otherwise milk will curdle..
It's always served up in terracotta pots which is really important as it's their porous nature that allows the yoghurt to set. Laal Mishti Doi is a delight in itself. The sweet taste, the color and flavor from the earthen pots Mishti Doi – Bengali Sweet Baked Yogurt – Guest Post by Abida From The Red Lychee – Fatima Strawberry Shrikhand ( Strawberry Flavoured Yogurt). Original Indian Recipes by home makers. So Mishti Doi is done by boiling milk until it is reduced to almost half, sweetened by sugar and it got nice rich texture from caramelized sugar which also adds great flavor.