Mishti Doi. Mishti doi recipe with step by step pics. Mishti doi is a classic Bengali sweet made with milk, curd culture and jaggery or sugar. The jaggery used traditionally to make mishti doi is palm jaggery. #mishtidoi #recipes #dessert #yoghurt Learn how to make mishti doi recipe at home.
Mild, light and extremely addictive this makes a great dessert option when entertaining guests over an Indian meal. while the bengali mishti doi recipe is extremely simple, yet i would like to mention some tips and recommendations. firstly, always use thick full cream milk for this recipe otherwise the curd or yogurt. Mishti doi is prepared by boiling milk until it is slightly thickened, sweetening it with jaggery, and allowing the milk to ferment overnight. + The Best Mishti Doi Recipe: Mishti Doi, or Mithi Dahi, or sweet yogurt, is possibly the most popular and beloved sweet dish in Bengal, and arguably the state's second most important culinary export. Mishti doi is a traditional Bengali sweet that is usually prepared during most celebrations and festive The Bengali mishti doi is basically sweetened dahi and is prepared by fermenting thick milk and. You can have Mishti Doi using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mishti Doi
- It’s 1litre of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of curd.
- It’s 5 tbsp of sugar.
- You need as needed of dry fruits ( chopped almonds and pistachios).
Mishti doi reminds me, and probably all Bengalis an earthen pot filled with a brownish mass of sweet curd. Mishti doi though a very popular dessert throughout Bengal, it is rarely prepared at home. Made with Greek yogurt and a strawberry topping, it is super creamy and healthier than regular cheesecake! Mishti Doi is one of the most popular Bengali recipes.
Mishti Doi instructions
- Firstly pour curd in a strainer or muslim cloth. Keep it aside for one hour then discard water..
- Take a pan add five tbsp of sugar cook it on medium flame. Stir continuously to avoid burning. It will take 3-4 minutes. Once the sugar crystals melt switch the flame off. It will caramelize and become darker in colour..
- Now add half cup milk in the caramelized sugar. Mix it and switch the flame on and pour rest of the milk. Bring it to boil. Stir continuously lower the flame. Boil it for 2-3 minutes.switch the flame off..
- Transfer the hung curd in a large bowl whisk the curd to make a smooth texture.when the milk is lukewarm I.e you should be able to dip your finger in the milk. Pour a little milk in the yoghurt and keep whisking. Pour rest of the milk and mix properly..
- Take earthen pot then pour the mixture and seal it with aluminium foil. Put it on a warm place for 7-8 hours. Cool the yoghurt in refrigerator for 5-6 hours. Garnish it with chopped almonds and pistachios..
Made of full cream milk and sugar, it is a delight for those who are born with a sweet tooth. Mishti doi is a Bengali dessert that combines fermented doi curd—usually made from cow, buffalo, or goat milk—and sugar or jaggery (cane sugar). The process of making mishti doi involves cooking. Mishti Doi is synonymous with Bengal in East India. Mishti Doi tastes great but is amazingly simple to make.