Bhapa Doi Steamed yoghurt. Bhapa doi is a traditional Bengali dessert made with steamed yoghurt and condensed milk. The first step is to hang the yoghurt to make Greek-style yoghurt, and then the dish is prepared. You can steam the yoghurt in a steamer on the stovetop, or you can bake it in the oven.
It takes hardly a few ingredients and steaming to make a. This is "Bhapa Doi (Steamed Sweetened Yogurt)" by FOODLooking on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them. Bhapa Doi is a steamed yogurt pudding, originating from the West Bengal region of Indian. You can have Bhapa Doi Steamed yoghurt using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bhapa Doi Steamed yoghurt
- You need 2 cups of sour hung curd.
- It’s 1 cup of condensed milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of kesar (saffron)soaked in warm milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla essence (optional).
- You need as needed of Butter for greasing.
- It’s handful of dry fruits( cashew and almonds )etc.
It is typically cooked in a stove top pressure cooker, Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker. There are only two or three ingredients for the basic Instant Pot Bhapa Doi. In Bengali, 'bhapa' means steamed and 'doi' means yogurt/curds. You may require to top up the Can we use full cream yoghurt available in stores out here directly instead of hung curd, or do we still.
Bhapa Doi Steamed yoghurt step by step
- Take two cups of sour curd and tie it up in a muslin cloth and keep in the refrigerator for 2 hrs to drain out the water.
- Mix the hung curd and condensed milk together and beat it with a beater.
- Add saffron dipped milk and vanilla essence.
- Grease a bowl with butter and pour in the prepared curd and condensed milk.
- Top it with chopped nuts of your choice.
- Cover the bowl with aluminium foil.
- Keep the bowl on a steamer and steam for 20 mins.
- This will set the curd. After it cools down refrigerate the same for at least 30 mins.
- Delicious bhapa doi is ready!! You can serve the same after adding more nuts to it if you want. Enjoy!.
Bhapa Mishti Doi (Nolen Gurer Mishti Doi) is a popular dessert. This Bengali Bhapa Doi is known as Sweet Yogurt with Date Palm Jaggery to rest of the Looking for better option than mishti doi? Nolen Gurer Mishti Doi is the definite answer if you want to cherish winter on this hot humid summer days. Bhapa Doi is a traditional and popular Bengali Dessert. Bhapa means "Steamed" and Doi means "Curd/yogurt".