Mishti doi. Mishti doi recipe with step by step pics. Mishti doi is a classic Bengali sweet made with milk, curd culture and jaggery or sugar. The jaggery used traditionally to make mishti doi is palm jaggery. #mishtidoi #recipes #dessert #yoghurt Learn how to make mishti doi recipe at home.
Mild, light and extremely addictive this makes a great dessert option when entertaining guests over an Indian meal. while the bengali mishti doi recipe is extremely simple, yet i would like to mention some tips and recommendations. firstly, always use thick full cream milk for this recipe otherwise the curd or yogurt. Mishti doi is prepared by boiling milk until it is slightly thickened, sweetening it with jaggery, and allowing the milk to ferment overnight. + The Best Mishti Doi Recipe: Mishti Doi, or Mithi Dahi, or sweet yogurt, is possibly the most popular and beloved sweet dish in Bengal, and arguably the state's second most important culinary export. Mishti doi is a traditional Bengali sweet that is usually prepared during most celebrations and festive The Bengali mishti doi is basically sweetened dahi and is prepared by fermenting thick milk and. You can cook Mishti doi using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mishti doi
- Prepare 1 litre of milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of curd.
- It’s To taste of Jaggery powder.
Mishti doi reminds me, and probably all Bengalis an earthen pot filled with a brownish mass of sweet curd. Mishti doi though a very popular dessert throughout Bengal, it is rarely prepared at home. Made with Greek yogurt and a strawberry topping, it is super creamy and healthier than regular cheesecake! Mishti Doi is one of the most popular Bengali recipes.
Mishti doi step by step
- Heat milk in a heavy bottomed pan. Give ot a boil. Stir it occasionally. Reduce it until ½..
- Add cardamom powde in it and stir well. Turn off the gas. Keep aside..
- After 10-15 minutes add jaggery powder in it and mix until jaggery dissolved..
- Check the temperature of milk. If you dip your finger in the milk, your finger should feel comfortably warm but not hot..
- Pour curd in it and mix well. Now pour it in a bowl and cover it. Keep aside for 5-6 hours. (The timing will also vary with the temperature in your city. ).
- Mishti doi is ready to serve. Enjoy……
Made of full cream milk and sugar, it is a delight for those who are born with a sweet tooth. Mishti doi is a Bengali dessert that combines fermented doi curd—usually made from cow, buffalo, or goat milk—and sugar or jaggery (cane sugar). The process of making mishti doi involves cooking. Mishti Doi is synonymous with Bengal in East India. Mishti Doi tastes great but is amazingly simple to make.