Kolkata Mishti Doi. Hello Foodies Once again welcome to my channel "Sweety Da Dhabba". Today I am gone prepare Kolkata Mishti Doi ! This recipe is easy and very tasty my family.
Is there any use of youghurt in making Mishti Doi? Details are coming sooner than you expect. The Viral Kolkata associates with The Mishti Doi in redifining Calcutta. You can cook Kolkata Mishti Doi using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kolkata Mishti Doi
- It’s 3 Cups of Fresh Milk (Full Cream/Fat).
- It’s 1 Cup of Milk Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Green Cardamom Powder (Freshly Ground).
- You need 1/2 Cup of White/Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Water (RT).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Hung Curd (Plain Curd without any water in it).
Mishti doi recipe with step by step pics. Mishti doi is a classic Bengali sweet made with milk, curd culture and jaggery or sugar. The jaggery used traditionally to make mishti doi is palm jaggery. Mishti Dahi is favourite of Bengalis and it has evolved over the years.
Kolkata Mishti Doi instructions
- In a Saucepan: Boil the milk & set aside.
- In another saucepan: take the measured amounts of sugar & water over the medium-low flame while stirring continuously so as to avoid the lumps & burning (to caramelise the sugar).
- When it changes its colour to light brown then, add in the boiled milk to it very cautiously as it tends to splash out & cause severe burns & keep on stirring continuously, vigorously.
- Now, in the same heat- allow it to be cooked for at least 10 mins time & reduce a bit & then bring to a boil.
- At this point: Add in the Milk Powder & again keep on stirring continuously & vigorously to avoid lumps formation.
- Once done- Set aside to cool down to lukewarm.
- Once cooled down: Then whisk the hung curd in a separate bowl & whisk well.
- Now, once the Prepared Milk has cooled down to the desired temperature for incubating the Doi-.
- Mix it well with it & put it for the incubation by covering it with a lid for 10-12 hrs (overnight), to get set well- once set, Refrigerate the same for at least 2-3 hrs time before serving chilled. Enjoy the KOLKATA SPECIAL- MISHTI DOI 😋💁🏻♀️.
It's fermented sweet red hued yogurt, but not even close to Pinkberry's In many recipes, misthi doi is prepared by baking. This deep-fried flatbread is probably Kolkata's favorite carb treat. Mishti Doi Recipe – Bengali sweet yoghurt – easy mishti dahi recipe. Mishti doi reminds me, and probably all Bengalis an earthen pot filled with a brownish mass of sweet curd. So, when I came back to Kolkata yesterday I just couldn't wait to devour some misti doi.