Baked mishti doi (Bengali style sweet yogurt). Traditional and popular dessert from the Bengali cuisine. This creamy sweet yogurt recipe is a must try ! This mishti doi or bhapa doi recipe is very tasty and easy to make.
Mix all the ingredients together and whisk them well so that there are no lumps. Pour the mixture in an oven proof baking dish. Mishti Doi is a fermented sweet yogurt. You can have Baked mishti doi (Bengali style sweet yogurt) using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked mishti doi (Bengali style sweet yogurt)
- It’s 1 kg of full fat plain yogurt or any flavored yogurt.
- You need 1 can of condensed milk.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk or reduced milk.
- You need 5 of Ground cardamoms.
A Bengali Dessert, Mishti Doi is famous all over India. You can make this for your festivals or to have it after your everyday meals. We assure you this will surely satisfy your taste buds. Serve it after a delicious meal of Aloo Dum, Bengali Lucchi and Tomato Onion Cucumber Raita.
Baked mishti doi (Bengali style sweet yogurt) step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350F.
- Mix all the ingredients together and whisk them well so that there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture in an oven proof baking dish..
- Bake the dish at 350F for around 45 minutes (depends on oven settings and efficiency) over a water bath. Keep on checking in between by inserting a fork to ensure the right consistency has been achieved..
- Once the thick consistency has been obtained, refrigerate overnight..
- Serve cold..
Bengalis are known as the sweetened lot. People who speak a sweet language called "Bangla" ,people who can act sweet(read 'nyaka' or overtly coy)if they wish to and people who love their sweets to death. Baked Mishti Doi is a improvisation on the traditional Bengali dessert Mishti Doi. Bhapa Mishti Doi (Nolen Gurer Mishti Doi) is a popular dessert. This Bengali Bhapa Doi is known as Sweet Yogurt with Date Palm Jaggery to rest of the world.