Bhapa Mishti Doi / Curd. #pressurecookerrecipes #mishtidoirecipe #recipes Welcome to my channel. In this channel I show all recipes including veg,non-veg,breakfast and dessert. Tradiotional Bengali Sweet – steamed yogurt pudding !!
Made with Greek yogurt and a strawberry topping, it is super creamy and healthier than regular cheesecake! This mixture is allowed to cool down until it is just warm, and fresh curd is stirred in. Bhapa Mishti Doi (Nolen Gurer Mishti Doi) is a popular dessert. You can cook Bhapa Mishti Doi / Curd using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bhapa Mishti Doi / Curd
- It’s 500 ml of milk.
- You need 5 tbsp of sugar : 3 tbsp in milk & 2 tbsp for caramelising.
- It’s 5 tbsp of curd if possible use hung curd.
- You need 2 tbsp of water for caramelizing sugar.
This Bengali Bhapa Doi is known Nolen Gurer Mishti Doi is the definite answer if you want to cherish winter on this hot humid summer days. Nolen Gurer Mishti Doiis a typical Bengali delicacy which has now gained popularity worldwide. while the bengali mishti doi recipe is extremely simple, yet i would like to mention some tips and recommendations. firstly, always use thick full cream milk for this recipe otherwise the curd or yogurt would not be thick. secondly, i have added brown sugar in this recipe. Mishti doi (Bengali: মিষ্টি দই) is a fermented sweet doi (yogurt) originating from Bogra District in Bangladesh and a very popular dessert throughout the country. It is also popular in the Indian states of West Bengal, Tripura and Assam's Barak Valley.
Bhapa Mishti Doi / Curd step by step
- Boil the milk first, add 3 tbsp sugar into it, the milk should be boiled so it should reduced to nearly 300 ml. Keep it aside to cool a bit so as that ur finger should be able to bear the hot milk if you dip ur finger..
- For caramelizing sugar, take a pan, add 2 tbsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of water over it and let it boil till the sugar gets a liquidy golden colour. Now add half cup of milk from the above sweet boiled milk & slowly and gradually add it into the caramal and give it a mix so that it doesn't form lumps. Now add that in the remaining milk and mix it carefully…now the colour of the milk will turn slightly creamy in colour..
- Now add 5 tbsp of sour curd into it and whisk it properly and carefully..see to it that there are no lumps in it..
- Now take a cooker, fill a little water it & place the stand inside the cooker. Remove the whistle & let the water come to boil. Now pour the mixture in a steel tiffin or u cn also use a steel/alluminium flat bowl and cover it with a lid or of you are using bowl than cover it with an alluminium foil properly so that while steaming, the water doesn't go inside. Now place the tiffin inside the cooker..
- Now cover the lid of the pressure cooker and let it steam for 20 to 25 mins. Off the flame, slowly and gradually remove it from the cooker, bring it to a normal temperature and then put it in a fridge to set for atleast 2 to 3 hrs.turn it upside down in a flat plate and you r ready to serve bhapa mishti doi. 🥰 Remember to put it on normal fridge, not freezer.😊.
It is made with milk and sugar/jaggery. Fermenting mishti doi takes more time as compared to making curd. The timing also varies with the local temperature conditions. If you live in cold climate Mishti doi takes longer to set than curd. the timing will also vary with the temperature in your city. Bhapa Doi or Baked Yogurt is Hung curd or Greek yogurt blended with milk and condensed milk and baked with a water bath in the oven or steamed on the stove top is a must have sweet dish in the Bengali weddings and special occasions like festivals etc.