Mishti Doi (Sweet Dahi/Curd/Yoghurt).
You can have Mishti Doi (Sweet Dahi/Curd/Yoghurt) using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mishti Doi (Sweet Dahi/Curd/Yoghurt)
- It’s 6 Cups of Fresh & Full Cream Milk.
- You need 1 Cup of Milk Powder.
- It’s 1 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Hung Curd.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Sliced Pistachios (Garnish).
Mishti Doi (Sweet Dahi/Curd/Yoghurt) step by step
- Boil the milk in a large vessel in one oven and then reduce the flame to low & simmer for the next 10/15 mins until the milk quantity reduces a bit, while stirring continuously so as to avoid burning at the bottom of the vessel.
- In another oven, take another vessel & put in the measured sugar & water quantities & allow it to come to a boil & then, keep on stirring for another 10 mins time until the sugar caramelises completely but don’t overdo it- else, it’ll taste bitter.
- Now, mix 3/4 tbsps of boiled milk to the already caramelised sugar & mix properly until all well combined.
- Now, time to add in the measured milk powder to the reduced & thickened milk & keep on stirring continuously to prevent burning at the bottom of the saucepan & add into it the caramelised sugar-milk mixture & give a nice mix until all well incorporated & set aside to cool down to the lukewarm temperature.
- Once it’s lukewarm, add into it the measured hung curd (well beaten) & mix well enough with a whisker now, to combine everything well enough without any lumps & pour it into any ceramic/borosilicate/terracotta/ earthen bowl/vessel/pots & cover it's mouth tightly, with an aluminium foil & then, put on it's cover.
- And, now put it in a already preheated oven @180C for about 2 hrs time but put off the oven while incubating the same- it should incubate automatically in the already warm temperatures inside the oven.
- Alternatively, if you want to do it without the oven- Preheat a very large vessel/saucepan on the gas oven at a high flame for about 10 mins time & then reduce it to the lowest possible heat, place a steel stand inside it & place this Mishti Doi Vessel to get well set & wrap around it a thick towel & on that put it's cover (large saucepan).
- Allow it to incubate in this way for about 2/3 hrs time & then switch off the gas stove and take it out, allow it to cool down completely & check out if it's well set by now (ideally, it should be) & then, refrigerate for at least, 2/3 hrs time before serving it chilled.
- It’s best served absolutely CHILLED.