Mishti Doi. Mishti doi recipe with step by step pics. Mishti doi is a classic Bengali sweet made with milk, curd culture and jaggery or sugar. The jaggery used traditionally to make mishti doi is palm jaggery. #mishtidoi #recipes #dessert #yoghurt Learn how to make mishti doi recipe at home.
Mild, light and extremely addictive this makes a great dessert option when entertaining guests over an Indian meal. while the bengali mishti doi recipe is extremely simple, yet i would like to mention some tips and recommendations. firstly, always use thick full cream milk for this recipe otherwise the curd or yogurt. Mishti doi is prepared by boiling milk until it is slightly thickened, sweetening it with jaggery, and allowing the milk to ferment overnight. + The Best Mishti Doi Recipe: Mishti Doi, or Mithi Dahi, or sweet yogurt, is possibly the most popular and beloved sweet dish in Bengal, and arguably the state's second most important culinary export. Mishti doi is a traditional Bengali sweet that is usually prepared during most celebrations and festive The Bengali mishti doi is basically sweetened dahi and is prepared by fermenting thick milk and. You can cook Mishti Doi using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mishti Doi
- You need 1 litre of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of curd.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s 3/4 cup of jaggery.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of black current crush.
- You need 2 tbsp of blue berry crush.
- You need 2 tbsp of vanilla syrup.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butterscotch syrup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mix fruit jam ( you can use use ur own choice flavours.
Mishti doi reminds me, and probably all Bengalis an earthen pot filled with a brownish mass of sweet curd. Mishti doi though a very popular dessert throughout Bengal, it is rarely prepared at home. Made with Greek yogurt and a strawberry topping, it is super creamy and healthier than regular cheesecake! Mishti Doi is one of the most popular Bengali recipes.
Mishti Doi step by step
- Keep milk for boiling in the heavy bottom pan over medium heat..
- Add a tsp of elaichi powder.Let it come to a boil..
- In the mean time caramelise jaggery in a pan on low heat..
- Keep stirring until the jaggery is caramelised to nice golden brown Turn off the heat..
- Add this caramelised jaggery to the reduced milk and stir until well blended. Let the milk cool just until it is warm (but not hot)..
- Now add the yogurt to the caramelised milk and mix well..
- Divide the milk into 6 equal parts and add the flavours of ur choice anf blend it well. Pour into pots and set overnight in a warm place..
- Once the yogurt is formed put it in a freezer for 2 hours. Serve chilled..
Made of full cream milk and sugar, it is a delight for those who are born with a sweet tooth. Mishti doi is a Bengali dessert that combines fermented doi curd—usually made from cow, buffalo, or goat milk—and sugar or jaggery (cane sugar). The process of making mishti doi involves cooking. Mishti Doi is synonymous with Bengal in East India. Mishti Doi tastes great but is amazingly simple to make.