Mishti doi. Mishti doi recipe with step by step pics. Mishti doi is a classic Bengali sweet made with milk, curd culture and jaggery or sugar. The jaggery used traditionally to make mishti doi is palm jaggery. #mishtidoi #recipes #dessert #yoghurt Learn how to make mishti doi recipe at home.
Mild, light and extremely addictive this makes a great dessert option when entertaining guests over an Indian meal. while the bengali mishti doi recipe is extremely simple, yet i would like to mention some tips and recommendations. firstly, always use thick full cream milk for this recipe otherwise the curd or yogurt. Mishti doi is prepared by boiling milk until it is slightly thickened, sweetening it with jaggery, and allowing the milk to ferment overnight. + The Best Mishti Doi Recipe: Mishti Doi, or Mithi Dahi, or sweet yogurt, is possibly the most popular and beloved sweet dish in Bengal, and arguably the state's second most important culinary export. Mishti doi is a traditional Bengali sweet that is usually prepared during most celebrations and festive The Bengali mishti doi is basically sweetened dahi and is prepared by fermenting thick milk and. You can cook Mishti doi using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mishti doi
- It’s 4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar for caramelise.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s 4-5 of string saffron.
- It’s 2 tsp of whisk yougurt.
- You need As needed of Chopped almonds for garnishing.
Mishti doi reminds me, and probably all Bengalis an earthen pot filled with a brownish mass of sweet curd. Mishti doi though a very popular dessert throughout Bengal, it is rarely prepared at home. Made with Greek yogurt and a strawberry topping, it is super creamy and healthier than regular cheesecake! Mishti Doi is one of the most popular Bengali recipes.
Mishti doi instructions
- First in a heavy bottom pot take milk,boil it on medium heat. Boil it until it reduces by half. Now add sugar and cardamom powder into this,stir it until sugar dissolves. Turn off the gas..
- In a pan add sugar,place pan on heat.Allow sugar to warm and melt. When sugar starts changing the colour and looks brown. It has started caramelised. Turn off the gas..
- Pour caramelised sugar immediately to the reduce milk. Mix well. Now add whisk yogurt. Mix well. Pour this mix into ceramic bowl or earthen pot..
- Let the bowl put in a warm place for few hours. When set,add saffron stand and chopped almonds. Mishti doi is ready. Keep it into refrigerator for 20 minutes.Serve chilled..
Made of full cream milk and sugar, it is a delight for those who are born with a sweet tooth. Mishti doi is a Bengali dessert that combines fermented doi curd—usually made from cow, buffalo, or goat milk—and sugar or jaggery (cane sugar). The process of making mishti doi involves cooking. Mishti Doi is synonymous with Bengal in East India. Mishti Doi tastes great but is amazingly simple to make.