Mishti Doi. Mishti doi recipe with step by step pics. Mishti doi is a classic Bengali sweet made with milk, curd culture and jaggery or sugar. The jaggery used traditionally to make mishti doi is palm jaggery. #mishtidoi #recipes #dessert #yoghurt Learn how to make mishti doi recipe at home.
Mild, light and extremely addictive this makes a great dessert option when entertaining guests over an Indian meal. while the bengali mishti doi recipe is extremely simple, yet i would like to mention some tips and recommendations. firstly, always use thick full cream milk for this recipe otherwise the curd or yogurt. Mishti doi is prepared by boiling milk until it is slightly thickened, sweetening it with jaggery, and allowing the milk to ferment overnight. + The Best Mishti Doi Recipe: Mishti Doi, or Mithi Dahi, or sweet yogurt, is possibly the most popular and beloved sweet dish in Bengal, and arguably the state's second most important culinary export. Mishti doi is a traditional Bengali sweet that is usually prepared during most celebrations and festive The Bengali mishti doi is basically sweetened dahi and is prepared by fermenting thick milk and. You can have Mishti Doi using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mishti Doi
- Prepare 1 Litre of full fat milk.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of milk powder.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of yogurt.
Mishti doi reminds me, and probably all Bengalis an earthen pot filled with a brownish mass of sweet curd. Mishti doi though a very popular dessert throughout Bengal, it is rarely prepared at home. Made with Greek yogurt and a strawberry topping, it is super creamy and healthier than regular cheesecake! Mishti Doi is one of the most popular Bengali recipes.
Mishti Doi step by step
- Boil the milk and keep stirring to reduce the volume of milk to half. Avoid the formation of malai/cream as much as possible. Take some milk out in a glass and to it add the milk powder and mix properly..
- Now, mix this milk to the remaining milk. In another pan add about 1/3 of the sugar and keep stirring on a low flame..
- Gradually, the sugar will start caramelizing. Be careful not to burn the sugar..
- Now, turn off the flame and add some milk to the caramelized sugar. As all the caramelized sugar dissolves add this milk to the remaining milk. Also, add the remaining sugar and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes..
- Whisk the yogurt properly else you will find lumps of yogurt in mishti doi after it is set..
- Then add the tablespoon of yogurt to the milk and mix properly. Cover the mixture and keep it in any warm corner of your kitchen..
- If you are preparing mishti doi in winter or in cold places cover it properly with woolen clothes or you can also keep it in oven at 40-45°C. Leave it overnight. Next day keep the mishti doi in refrigerator for 3-4 hours and your mishti doi is ready to serve..
Made of full cream milk and sugar, it is a delight for those who are born with a sweet tooth. Mishti doi is a Bengali dessert that combines fermented doi curd—usually made from cow, buffalo, or goat milk—and sugar or jaggery (cane sugar). The process of making mishti doi involves cooking. Mishti Doi is synonymous with Bengal in East India. Mishti Doi tastes great but is amazingly simple to make.