Slow-Cooker Jalapeño Chicken Chili. Ingredients in Slow Cooker Chicken Chili. Everything goes into the slow cooker at once. Garlic, Salt, Dried Oregano, Chili Powder, & Cumin: Each ingredient adds depth and flavor.
You are going to love this healthy slow cooker chicken and butternut squash chili and whole wheat jalapeno cornbread to compliment the soup. This easy Slow Cooker Paleo Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili recipe is perfect for Fall, football games, and chili season! This delicious, hearty, bean-less chili recipe made in the slow cooker with ground chicken, ground beef and sweet potatoes – the perfect combination. You can have Slow-Cooker Jalapeño Chicken Chili using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow-Cooker Jalapeño Chicken Chili
- Prepare 2 lb of chicken breast.
- It’s 5-6 of md/lg jalapeños (diced).
- Prepare 1/2 of lg White onion (diced).
- It’s 1 of Red bell pepper (diced).
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic (minced).
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 can of White Northern beans (drained and rinsed).
- You need 1 tbs of fresh cracked pepper.
- It’s 1 tbs of Mexican oregano.
- You need 1 tbs of cumin.
- You need 3 tsp of chipotle chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 8 Oz of Cream cheese (softened).
- It’s 4 Oz of sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cilantro (chopped).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Green onions (chopped).
Transfer chicken to a slow cooker. Add kidney beans, diced tomatoes with chiles, black beans, onion, and chopped jalapeno. I put two large chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker and shredded them as was suggested. This was a delicious chicken chili that I will definitely make again.
Slow-Cooker Jalapeño Chicken Chili step by step
- Place diced jalapeños, onions, garlic, bell pepper, chicken broth, beans, and seasonings to crockpot. Stir to combine..
- Please chicken breasts on top of mixture in crockpot. Set crockpot on low for 7-8 hours..
- 1/2 way through turn chicken and continue cooking..
- Remove chicken and shred. Return shredded chicken to crockpot and add cream cheese. Stir well making sure cream cheese is melted. Cook for an additional 30 minutes..
- Turn off heat and add cilantro and green onions right before serving..
- Garnish with cheese of your choice, tortilla chips or avocado..
How to Make Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili – Step by Step Photos. Dice one yellow onion and mince two cloves of garlic. Slice the jalapeño in half, scrape out the seeds, then dice the remaining pepper. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño, and chicken breast to the slow cooker. Set slow cooker to lowest setting, and cover until ready to assemble sandwiches.