Pureed pinto beans and ham. These easy crockpot pinto beans are cooked with ham and a variety of chopped vegetables and seasonings. The dish is hearty and satisfying. Serve these pinto beans with freshly baked cornbread and a tossed salad or fresh sliced tomatoes.
Pinto Beans and Ham is an easy, economical way to make a big pot full of tasty, filling, pinto beans and leftover ham, flavored with onion and garlic! Nothing fancy or glamorous, but this meal is sure inexpensive, FILLING, and delicious! Slow Cooker Pinto Beans and Ham is a simple recipe that is filling and delicious! · Our Southern pinto beans are slow cooked to perfection with ham hocks, water, and a few seasonings. You can have Pureed pinto beans and ham using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pureed pinto beans and ham
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced ham.
- It’s 2 TBSP of diced onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped peppers.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken bone broth.
- You need 2 TBSP of medium salsa.
- You need 1/2 of shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- It’s 3/4 cup of canned pinto beans.
Learn how to make Pinto Beans With Ham. If you soaked the beans before hand, the time required for this part may be reduced. If you like them zesty, a couple of Jalapeno peppers may be added here. Mama used ham hocks in her pinto beans, I'm sure because ham hocks were cheap and money was tight when I was a kid.
Pureed pinto beans and ham step by step
- Boil diced onion and chopped peppers in 1/4 cup bone broth until peppers are tender..
- Put all ingredients into blender. Blend until smooth and no chunks..
- Nutrition per 2 oz calories 51.47, fat 1.38, carbs 6.14, fiber 1.25, sugar 1.13, protein 3.36. Makes 12 oz Nutrition for 12 oz calories 308.83, fat 8.25, carbs 36.83, fiber 9, sugar 6.83, protein 20.16.
And mama didn't call these Texas Pinto Beans nor did she consider using ham hocks a special ingredient in her recipe, I think it was her way of giving us a little extra protein. Texas Pinto Beans with Ham HockMy Turn For Us. This Pinto Beans Recipe with Ham Hocks is a true Southern Comfort Food delicacy! Dried pinto beans are soaked then simmered with meaty ham hocks and flavors galore reaching tender thick perfection! This is truly the best country meal, just like Black Eyed Peas, you.