Crockpot pinto beans. Crockpot pinto beans are the epitome of simple southern comfort food. These simple pinto beans are made in the slow cooker so that they can simmer all day and get tender while you are free to do. Why Homemade Crock Pot Pinto Beans?
These easy crockpot pinto beans are cooked with ham and a variety of chopped vegetables and seasonings. The dish is hearty and satisfying. Serve these pinto beans with freshly baked cornbread and a tossed salad or fresh sliced tomatoes. You can have Crockpot pinto beans using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot pinto beans
- Prepare 2 cups of dry pinto beans (sorted,cleaned and soaked).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare as needed of pieces of ham.
- It’s 6-7 cups of or as needed- chicken broth and water(i did a mixture, but used more broth than water).
- You need to taste of seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic/onion powder, McCormick vegetable seasoning, and a bay leaf).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of bacon grease.
- Prepare 1 of onion (diced, and cooked in with the beans, and then i also put some raw on top of my cooked beans once i made me a bowl. i love onions! lol.
- You need 2 pieces of smoked hickory bacon.
Crock Pot Slow Cooker Pinto Beans. The crock pot, or slow cooker, is a great method for cooking dried beans because it's so hands-off. You can set it in the morning and forget about it until dinner. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals!
Crockpot pinto beans step by step
- Sorted, washed and soaked beans overnight in water. NEXT day, drained and rewashed beans and added to crockpot..
- Added all the ingredients to crockpot, except ham pieces. Because, i used the precooked ham pieces. So i added them once beans had been cooking for a couple hours so the ham dont turn so dark brown and dried out looking. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low 6 hours..
- Also, if broth/water starts to cook out of them midway, just add more..
This is a really good and easy slow cooker recipe for pinto beans, it's really good with some fresh cornbread on the side. Pinto beans in particular are appealing because they have a creamy texture and mild flavor, are Crockpot beans-It was so good to see this in print! I have been doing something similar for the last. Beans and barbeque sauce go together like apple pie and ice cream. This simple and flavorful recipe for Crockpot BBQ pinto beans is perfect as a side dish for a juicy grilled steak. · Here's an easy Crockpot Express pinto bean soup recipe that can be made with dry pinto beans and no soaking is required!