Smoked bbq baked beans. Easy recipe for Barbecue Baked Beans Smoked right on the BBQ Pit #barbecuebakedbeans #bbqbakedbeans #howtobbqright My mom was always in charge of making the. Old School Barbecue Baked Beans – this simple recipe uses pork & beans and gets smoked on a BBQ Pit for hours to get that sweet, smoky flavor. My mom was always in charge of making the beans for our family barbecues, and this recipe reminds of the barbecue baked beans she made.
This recipe below is more Southern than Boston Baked Beans, sweeter, and will Step up your next cookout with this recipe for the ultimate BBQ baked beans featuring a kiss of Bourbon. This will arguably result in the best baked beans. I've loved BBQ baked beans for as long as I can remember. You can cook Smoked bbq baked beans using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked bbq baked beans
- You need 2 lbs of Navy beans.
- Prepare of Water to cook beans 6 cups or more.
- It’s of Favorite bbq sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Brown sugar.
- It’s to taste of Yellow mustard.
- You need Half of a red onion diced.
- You need of Bacon or leftover ham optional.
- You need to taste of Minced garlic.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to taste and an other seasoning you like.
- You need to taste of Hot sauce of choice.
- You need of Aluminum throwaway pan.
- It’s of Wood chips of choice.
- You need of Water for pan in smoker.
They're equal parts savory and sweet with a little spice. My version includes instructions for both dry pinto beans and. Ultimate Easy BBQ Baked Beans: These are so flavorful, delicious, and easy to make. Excellent for summer barbecues and parties.
Smoked bbq baked beans step by step
- Presoak beans in a quick soak or overnight follow bag instructions.
- Cook beans to package instructions. I did a quick soak and did everything in a pressure cooker/ instant pot. I covered my beans with water little over 6 cups, cooked on low for 3 mins with a natural release of ten mins… then quick release..
- Drained water from cooked beans. Set aside.
- In a frying pan add some oil to just cover the bottom and brown the diced onion, and right before it’s done add in the minced garlic, and ham / bacon. I used leftover Easter ham and use my food processor, or can leave in bits sizes chunks… bacon- if using bacon cut it in small chunks before frying with onions. Set aside.
- In a big bowl add in all the wet ingredients and spices, brown sugar… mix, then add in the onion mixture, mix up some more, then carefully fold in cooked beans, (at this point this can be done lol or just popped in the oven to heat up if you don’t have a smoker or didn’t want to smoke them, beans are already fully cooked.).
- Spray Aluminum pan with cooking spray. Pour beans into pan..
- Set up smoker. I use an Electric smoker. I put my food in turn on high till it starts to smoke and then go to med heat. And replace wood chips as needed. I let this go for about 4 hrs checking on them from time to time. Cooking times just depends on how you want your bbq bake beans. I just taste test,and pull them out to my liking. This can go for just 2 hrs or all day.. the choice is yours….
These Hawaiian Baked Beans are sweet and salty with bits of ham throughout!. A great side for luaus or BBQs that everyone loves! Baked beans are a traditional barbecue side dish dating back centuries. Choose from a variety of recipes, some featuring smoked meat. Beans of any type, whether dry or canned, should be given plenty of time to cook, low and slow.