Burrito in a Jar. It cooks the food – roast and venison will become fork tender, beans will cook completely, rice will get a little gummy (or a lot gummy) but for a burrito, I don't mind. Great recipe for Burrito in a Jar. This has become a family favorite for a quick go-to, Mexican meal.
The creaminess of the avocado, crunch of the red pepper, and heat of the salsa make this a truly delicious and satisfying meal. You can pour it into a tortilla and wrap it up, or eat it straight out of the jar. Enjoy it as a breakfast on-the-go, pre-made lunch, or easy dinner! You can cook Burrito in a Jar using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Burrito in a Jar
- You need 1/2 Cup of dry pinto beans.
- You need 1/4 Cup of rice.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1/3 Cup of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 Cup of ground beef, browned and drained.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of Rotel.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of taco seasoning.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Beef broth to fill quart jars to 1-inch head space.
How to make a breakfast burrito in a jar Breakfast burritos in a jar are so easy to customize. You could choose any protein you'd like from sausage, bacon, chorizo, ham, or ground beef to black beans, refried beans or quinoa. Our fave Superfood Burrito Bowl (in a jar) will not only impress your guests, but also double-duty as a meal prep session for your Monday. Whether you are headed to a BBQ, potluck, picnic, or just your familiar ol' desk and chair, you can satisfy your Mexi-American cravings for spicy salsas, beans, and rice, with these powerhouse foods..
Burrito in a Jar instructions
- Add the ingredients to each jar in the order above..
- Pressure can quart jars at 10 lbs for 90 minutes..
- To Use: Heat and place in warm tortillas with lettuce, tomato, and whatever other burrito fixings you like..
This homemade burrito bowl is packed with protein, whole grains, and nutrient-dense veggies, and will sustain you from lunch until the end of the afternoon. Whisking up the dressing at the bottom of the jar ensures the lettuce at the top stays fresh and crisp, but that the veggies at the bottom are. Now there are a few important tips to insure the best possible mason jar burrito bowl. The liquid must be in the very bottom. For these burrito bowls, sour-cream, dressing, or salsa works great.