Slow cook Hamhocks with Pinto Beans.
You can cook Slow cook Hamhocks with Pinto Beans using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow cook Hamhocks with Pinto Beans
- You need 1 lb of Bag Pinto Beans.
- Prepare 3 of Large Hamhocks.
- It’s 7 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of Tablespoon onion powder.
- You need 1 of tablespoon garlic powder.
- You need 1 of thyme (tsp).
- You need 1 of oregano( tsp).
- You need 1 of tsp. gumbo file( ground).
- You need 2 of brown sugar (tbs.).
- Prepare 1 of tbs. liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1 of Lawry's Seasoing.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper.
Slow cook Hamhocks with Pinto Beans instructions
- Wash pinto beans in a colander. Wash ham hocks. Add them to the cock pot add water.Set your slow cooker as directed. I set my on high for 8 hours. I start at 8:00 am let it slow cook for 3 to 4 hours before I add the dice onins, chopped garlic, Saute in a saucepan for 4 minutes don't burn the garlic. Add to the beans..
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano., gumbo file, Liquid smoke, brown sugar, black pepper, stir together. Slow cook until done the beans and ham hock are tender. If you need to add water slowly less water at a time. Eat over steam hot rice, corn bead..