Easy BBQ beans. Easy BBQ Baked Beans cooked in a delicious homemade BBQ sauce that's rich, savory, tangy, sweet, and smoky. These BBQ Beef and Beans are like the love child of baked beans and beef chili. Give these bbq black beans a try next time you have a cookout and get ready to be pleasantly surprised.
Smoky BBQ Baked Beans are slow cooked, sweet and spicy! Make this vegetarian baked beans recipe from dried or already cooked. Which Beans Are Used in Baked Beans? You can cook Easy BBQ beans using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy BBQ beans
- It’s 3 cups of pinto beans.
- Prepare 1 pack of bacon (hickory smoked or original).
- It’s 6 cups of water.
- You need 1/2 of Large Fresh Onion(optional).
- You need of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Brown sugar.
- It’s of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce.
In this recipe, canned pork and beans are the starting What's in BBQ Baked Beans? Easy BBQ Baked Beans that are comforting, slightly sweet, mildly smoky, rich, meaty, and totally indulgent. Serve these beans at your next barbecue and they're sure to be a hit! Looking for a quick, easy and cheap recipe?
Easy BBQ beans step by step
- Some people soak their beans overnight. I'm going to be honest, I just rinse mine and sort through them, making sure there is no dirt, rocks, or debris..
- Add the rinsed beans to the pressure cooker or pot(choose a decent sized pot with a lid).
- Cut the bacon into about 1inch pieces or desired size. And add them into the beans. (I used hickory smoked this time, but I have used original and it tastes good too.).
- Add the 6 cups of water and seasonings-garlic powder, salt, and black pepper..
- Dice up the onion into small pieces and add that to the beans as well.(I almost forgot to add that part here lol you can add the onion after adding the bacon, that's what I do.).
- In the pressure cooker, cook for 30 minutes and then stir, adding water and any seasonings if necessary. Then cook an additional 30 minutes..
- On the stovetop, after it comes to a boil, turn down heat so it doesn't boil over. Let it simmer on low to medium heat, for 4-6 hours or until done. Checking periodically, stirring, and adding water if necessary. Seasonings are always to taste. So if it taste like it needs a lil more seasonings, then you can add some in..
- Drain the beans just enough for the water to cover the top of the beans, as shown in the picture..
- After the beans are done cooking. Add in the brown sugar and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce. I usually do a 3 swirl thing around the pot, with the BBQ sauce about 3x and add the brown sugar in the pot about 2x of the amount shown in the picture. But I add the brown sugar and BBQ sauce to taste as well. I don't cook many things with measurements, so my apologies..
- Mix the BBQ sauce and brown sugar into the beans real good..
- Can be served as a main dish or a side dish. Enjoy!.
BBQ baked beans are the answer; delicious smoky flavours added to a classic dish. For this recipe, I slice the bacon in half. Add bacon to a pot and cook it until half crispy. These Easy Bacon Baked Beans are the perfect blend of sweet, savory and smoky! Baked beans are such classic summer cookout/bbq food… and really easy to make yourself!