Aloo Simla Mirch – My Style.
You can cook Aloo Simla Mirch – My Style using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aloo Simla Mirch – My Style
- Prepare 2 of Indian potatoes , medium size.
- You need 2 of tomatoes, Hybrid/Tomato Sankarit, medium size.
- You need 1 of red onion , medium size.
- Prepare 3 – 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare Small piece of ginger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s half teaspoon of haldi.
- You need half teaspoon of chili powder red.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of peanut oil.
- It’s To taste of salt.
Aloo Simla Mirch – My Style instructions
- Peel, deseed and chop the green peppers.
- Peel and dice the potatoes – they should roughly be half the amount of green peppers.
- Slice the onions.
- Peel and chop (or don't) the garlic or grind it to a paste.
- Peel and julienne or grind the ginger.
- Finely chop the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a thick bottomed Indian frying pan. Do not let it smoke! Smoking Kills, remember? :D.
- Add the cumin seeds and, as soon as they crackle, hastily add the potatoes..
- Stir well and let them cook on a medium flame. Stir now and again so that they cook evenly. That should take some 8-10 minutes but you can test with whatever you're using to stir. Preferably a sharp edged Indian kadchi..
- When you can slice through the potatoes with some ease, add the onions, garlic, ginger and mix well. You can raise the heat at this point to get the onions to really sweat it out and help them along by tossing in the salt – about a teaspoon or less..
- When the onions are good and glazed, throw in the peppers and the tomato. Mix well..
- In another couple of minutes the peppers should begin to look glazed and should be softened. Which is when you can toss in the haldi and chili powder..
- Mix well, taste and serve with freshly made phulkas, a salad of thinly sliced red onions, fresh green chili peppers, homemade or store bought dahi, a dal and some North Indian pickle..