Potato Stuffed Small Capsicum (Shimla Mirch).
Ingredients of Potato Stuffed Small Capsicum (Shimla Mirch)
- Prepare 6-7 of small capsicums (shimla mirch).
- Prepare 2 of potatoes boiled, peeled & mashed.
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of green chillies finely chopped.
- You need 1 of /2 inch ginger crushed.
- It’s 6-7 of garlic cloves crushed.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of panch phoron.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare of For batter:.
- Prepare 1 cup of besan.
- Prepare 1 pinch of turmeric powder.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s of Oil for deep frying.
Potato Stuffed Small Capsicum (Shimla Mirch) step by step
- To begin with slit the capsicums vertically keeping one side intact. Remove the seeds carefully. Rinse them in water and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Keep aside..
- Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan. Add panch phoron to splutter. Then add chopped onion and saute till onion turns translucent. Next add crushed ginger & garlic and chopped green chillies. Saute till raw aroma of both ginger & garlic goes away..
- Next, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, coriander leaves and mix well. Saute for few seconds..
- Now add mashed potatoes and mix everything well. Saute it for a minute or two. Switch off the flame and let the potato mix cool down at room temperature..
- Then with a spoon or with your hands, stuff the potato mix in the capsicums. Keep aside..
- To make besan batter take 1 cup besan in a mixing bowl. Add turmeric powder and salt. Add 1/3 cup water or as required. Whisk to a smooth and thick batter..
- Now heat oil in a pan over a medium flame. Once hot, dip the stuffed capsicum in batter one by one and carefully place into the hot oil. Deep fry them until light golden or golden. Once done, remove and place on a kitchen paper to drain excess oil..
- Serve potato stuffed capsicum hot with any sauce or chutney..