Oatmeal carmelitas. A chewy chocolate filling rests on an oatmeal-brown sugar crust in these winning bars. If you've never had Oatmeal Carmelitas before, you've been missing out! They're one of my all time favorite bars with a thick buttery oat crust loaded with chocolate and caramel!
Oatmeal Carmelitas are a super easy to make bar recipe with a gooey caramel and chocolate middle. The crust and the topping are made out of the same mixture of flour, oats, brown sugar, and butter. Oatmeal Carmelita Bar Recipe – A layer of oatmeal shortbread topped with pecans, chocolate and a caramel sauce, and finished off with a crumb topping. You can have Oatmeal carmelitas using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oatmeal carmelitas
- It’s 1 of CRUST.
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of quick cooking rolled oats.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 of FILLING.
- You need 1 jar of smuckers Caramel spoonable ice cream topping.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 of package(6 oz) of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped nuts.
Carmelitas recipes don't get any better than these oatmeal carmelitas Forgive me. I went a little picture crazy on the Oatmeal Carmelitas. It's just that they are so pretty! These oatmeal carmelitas are layered with gooey caramel and creamy chocolate and covered in a delicious oatmeal cookie crust.
Oatmeal carmelitas instructions
- heat oven to 350°.
- grease a 13×9 " pan.
- lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- in a large bowl, combine all crust ingredients and mix at slow speed intil crumbly.
- reserve half of the mixture( about 3 cups) for topping..
- press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of greased pan..
- bake at 350°for 10 min.
- meanwhile, in small bowl, combine caramel topping and 3 tablespoons of flour; blend well!.
- remove partially baked crust from oven..
- sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
- drizzle evenly with caramel mixure; then sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture..
- return to oven; bake for an additional 18 to 22 min..
- or until golden brown.
- take out of the oven and let cool for 1 hour, completely cooled.
- theh refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, then cut into bars.
These will go on the regular rotation, and I imagine the base would make a great oatmeal cookie recipe by itself. These Oatmeal Carmelitas are the best ever! An oatmeal cookie base with a thick layer of caramel, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. You're going to be hooked after one bite! Oatmeal Carmelitas recipe: I love making desserts, and this is no exception!