You can have Caramel Pie using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caramel Pie
- Prepare of grahm cracker crust.
- You need of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s of whipped cream.
- It’s of walnuts.
Caramel Pie step by step
- take wrapper off of the sweetened condensed milk can.
- take an old sauce pan (or an old pan that's tall) and fill the pan where it is an inch or two over the can..
- boil the can for 4 hours (always make sure the water is over the can, the can may explode.. just a warning).
- after the 4 hours, let the can cool in the water where you can get the can out, then let it cool.
- when completely cooled, open the can. it should have a caramel color to it and it is very thick. spread it into the pie crust gently and evenly, the caramel is very thick. if there is too much pressure with spreading it out, you may crack the crust..
- spread whipped cream on top of the caramel layer (i used icing tips, much easier than creating something).
- chop walnut roughly then add on top of the whipped cream.
- enjoy! tastes just like O'Charley's caramel pie!.