Crockpot Split Pea Soup. Do you want to learn how to cook split pea soup using a slow cooker? This recipe is simple and tasty. Cooking this soup in a crockpot make life a little.
Just sort over the peas and remove any pieces of dirt, small stones, and sticks. Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up! This hearty, protein packed, comforting soup is made with tender split peas, flavorful ham Note that soup will thicken as it rests and cools slightly. You can cook Crockpot Split Pea Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Split Pea Soup
- Prepare of dried green split peas.
- You need of bay leaf.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- It’s of carrots, sliced.
- It’s of stalks of celery, sliced.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of ham hocks.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of mashed potatoes, opt.
If needed it can be thinned with more water. This is the only way that I will make my pea soup anymore its really good , I serve it with hot corn bread.yummy. Making Split Pea Soup in the Slow Cooker is so easy and perfect for busy weeknight meals. It's also freezer friendly, so you can make a batch and freeze the You can see my stove top Pea Soup Recipe, and I also have an Instant Pot Pea Soup version which is great if you want to speed this up!
Crockpot Split Pea Soup step by step
- Wash and sort split peas..
- Add everything to crockpot except for mashed potatoes..
- Cook on low for six to eight hours..
- When veggies are tender, take out ham hocks, remove meat, and add meat to soup. Add mashed potatoes to soup to thicken. If you do not have mashed potatoes, you can puree two cups of soup when warm..
This Crockpot Split Pea Soup has all the flavors of the old fashioned soup favorite and cooks up in your slow cooker. Delicious crock pot recipes for Pot Roast, Pork, Chicken, soups and desserts! Welcome to our site dedicated to all things slow cooking! Split peas and barley are cooked with garlic, onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in this meatless soup which is seasoned with basil and thyme. Crockpot variation: Put all ingredients into crockpot (no need to cook onions first, and oil can be omitted).