Easy Eisbein (Pickled Ham Hock).
You can cook Easy Eisbein (Pickled Ham Hock) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Eisbein (Pickled Ham Hock)
- Prepare of Pork loin block.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need of Brine.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Sugar.
- Prepare of Black peppercorn.
- You need of Bay leaves.
- You need of Nutmeg (ground).
- Prepare of Cloves (powdered).
Easy Eisbein (Pickled Ham Hock) instructions
- Submerge the pork in water (not listed) for an hour to drain the blood..
- Pat dry well with paper towels, and lightly pat with nutmeg and cloves on both sides..
- Submerge the meat in the brine in a resealable bag. Remove the air and let chill in the fridge for 5 days to a week..
- Remove from the bag, lightly rinse in water, then cover with water (not listed) with bay leaves. Bring to heat..
- Once the pot comes to a boil, lower the heat. Skim off the scum, simmer for 1.5 hours, stop the heat and let the meat cool..
- Thinly slice the meat and sprinkle with black pepper. Serve with sauerkraut or drizzle with your favorite sauce..