De's Easy Drunken Beans.
Ingredients of De's Easy Drunken Beans
- It’s of dried pinto beans, well rinsed and picked through.
- It’s of Mexican beer (or whatever is on hand).
- You need of Ham Hock.
- It’s of Slices of smoked bacon, chopped.
- It’s of Onion roughly chopped.
- It’s of Jalapeños, seeded and chopped.
- You need of Chipotle seasoned stewed tomatoes.
- You need of diced Green Chilis.
- It’s of Minced Garlic.
- You need of Pinto beans seasoning, I use a couple generous shakes.
- Prepare of water, covering beans.
- It’s of Chicken bouillon cube, low sodium.
- Prepare of garlic powder – optional.
- It’s of sea salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
De's Easy Drunken Beans instructions
- Spray your crockpot with cooking spray generously. Rinse and pick through the beans well..
- Cut onion rougly. Rinse, deseed, I leave half of the seeds in, and cut Jalapeños, mince garlic, rougly chop bacon..
- Pour ALL ingredients into crockpot, add enough water to cover beans (we like a lot of the juice so I make sure the beans have an extra 1-2, 3-5 inches of water). Now turn on high 4-5 hrs or on low 6-8 hrs OR until beans are tender, still slightly firm, but not mushy. I've learned that every crock pot is a little different in cooking times..
- Ok, I admit it, I taste the juice every so….well…frequently, to make sure the spices are mixing well and that I've added enough. The recipe is a basic go to and i usually end up adding more pinto bean seasoning and garlic powder..
- Remove the ham hock when it starts separating from the bone. You can add salt and pepper to taste right before serving, the boullion cube and ham hock can add a salty taste. If desired, Serve with toppings of your choice. (I serve with sweet homemade corn bread.) Don't forget to let me know what ya think!.