Wisconsin Split Pea Soup.
You can have Wisconsin Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wisconsin Split Pea Soup
- It’s of Dried split peas.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Meaty hambone (or one cup chopped cooked ham).
- You need of Chopped onion.
- It’s of Each: diced carrot, celery and potato.
- You need of Parsly.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Each: garlic salt and marjoram.
- You need of Salt.
Wisconsin Split Pea Soup instructions
- Bring peas, ham and water to boil in large soup pot. Lower to a simmer and cook, covered 1 hour 30 minutes, Stirring frequently..
- Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to simmer. Cover and simmer 15-20 additional minutes, until veggies are tender..
- If using ham bone, remove from soup, remove ham from bone. Chop ham and return to soup..
- Source: Taste of Home 2002 cookbook.