Greens and cabbage. Green Cabbage – The king of cabbages and our old friend! The wide fan-like leaves are pale green in color and with a slightly rubbery texture when raw. Pick heads that are tight and feel heavy for their size.
So, green and red cabbage taste essentially the same, you might just want to pick one over the other for presentation purposes. Let us now move on to the nutritional differences. Both types of cabbage contain vitamin A in the form of the carotenoids beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. You can cook Greens and cabbage using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greens and cabbage
- Prepare of fresh greens not canned.
- It’s of cabbage.
- It’s of bacon.
- Prepare of Ham hock.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Hot crushed peppers.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of Garlic cloves 4.
- You need of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s of onion.
- It’s of green pepper.
- It’s of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare of Hot sauce.
I made this Friday night and these are the best collard greens I've ever eaten. I served with a big skillet of cornbread. Add the cabbage at the very end and cook until wilted or to your desired taste. Corned beef and green cabbage, friends since forever.
Greens and cabbage instructions
- Chop cabbage into small strips.
- Soak in water cabbage and greens in sink and mix them up let sit in water.
- In LARGE pot fill a little more that halfway with water add all other ingredients (chop onion green pepper and cloves).
- Bring to a boil and cover let turn to med heat let lightly boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add cabbage and greens not all at once about 1/4 of the cabbage and greens at a time wait about 15 minutes before adding more.
- Once all is in let cook for 40 minutes.
- Reduce heat.
Green cabbage is good for just about everything. You can slice it for vinegar-y or mayonnaise-y slaw, braise it alongside hefty meats. Cabbage Mustard and Turnip Greens: loose leaf, heading and In northern climates Cabbages, Mustards and Turnips have provided the only green vegetables available in the winter months. (Redirected from Green cabbage). Cabbage (comprising several cultivars of Brassica oleracea) is a leafy green, red (purple), or white (pale green) biennial plant grown as an annual vegetable crop for its dense-leaved heads. Cabbage rocks magnesium, potassium, folate, lots of vitamins, and even sulforaphane How to store greens so they last.