Pinto Beans and Saffron Rice.
You can have Pinto Beans and Saffron Rice using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pinto Beans and Saffron Rice
- It’s of Beans——————-.
- You need of dried pinto beans.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of lard.
- It’s of sofrito.
- You need of large onion diced.
- It’s of water.
- You need of Rice——————-.
- You need of rice.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- Prepare of saffron threads.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- You need of water.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of Optional—————-.
- It’s of vinegar hot pepper sauce see my recipe.
Pinto Beans and Saffron Rice instructions
- Wash the beans remove all foreign objects such as stones, and bad beans..
- Dice the onions..
- Add the onion, beans, sofrito, water, and butter..
- Let it heat 4 minutes and add the lard..
- Cover and boil for 15 minutes stir, cover again, and reduce heat by half. Cook till beans are tender and then add salt..
- Melt the butter add the rice. Stir well add the saffron, broth, and water..
- Boil the rice stirring occasionally then when the liquids are absorbed cover and remove from heat don't disturb for 20 minutes..
- Serve with the beans over the rice. Add the vinegar hot pepper sauce if you like. I hope you enjoy!!.