Pollo Posole Rojo.
You can have Pollo Posole Rojo using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pollo Posole Rojo
- You need of chicken breasts.
- Prepare of dried chiles de arbol.
- Prepare of white onion chopped.
- You need of garlic minced.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- You need of dried mexican oregano.
- It’s of bay leaf.
- Prepare of 15 oz white hominy.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- You need of avocado, chopped.
- It’s of shredded cabbage or lettuce.
- You need of radishes, sliced.
- You need of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare of limes, sliced.
- It’s of onion, chopped.
Pollo Posole Rojo step by step
- Cook chicken breasts in 10 cups water for about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool..
- While chicken is cooking, clean Chilies by breaking off stems and shaking out as many seeds as possible. The chilies de arbol you can twist between your fingers. The Ancho chilies you just rip open and remove the seeds. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE DURING THIS TIME..
- Cover the chilies with boiling water. Weigh down with a plate so they remain covered for about 30 minutes or until soft..
- While chilies are soaking saute onion and 4 tsp. of the garlic in a little oil until tender..
- Shred chicken and toss with cumin. Saute lightly with onion garlic mixture..
- I drain my chilies at this point. Be VERY careful not to breath in any of the fumes. (If you can handle LAVA HOT) you may use 1 1/2 c of the soaking liquid instead of chicken broth. Place the drained chilies in a blender with the following ingredients and blend until smooth being CAREFUL not to breath any of the fumes. 1 1/2 c chicken broth. 2 cloves minced garlic. 1/2 tsp salt.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl pushing the sauce through with a spoon or rubber spatula..
- In large soup pot add the chicken broth (from cooking the breasts), chicken mixture, oregano, bay leaf, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 cup of the chili sauce. Simmer as long as you like to blend flavors. About an hour before serving add drained and rinsed hominy..
- Remove bay leaf before serving. Serve with the following toppings.