Pozole Verde con Pollo.
You can have Pozole Verde con Pollo using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pozole Verde con Pollo
- It’s of Mexican style hominy (canned).
- It’s of Chicken broth.
- You need of whole chicken.
- Prepare of yellow onion.
- It’s of garlic cloves (peeled).
- It’s of bay leaves.
- Prepare of Knorr caldo de pollo chicken buillon.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of salt/pepper.
- It’s of Salsa verde.
- It’s of tomatillos.
- You need of jalapeño (seeded).
- It’s of cilantro.
- It’s of yellow onion.
- You need of garlic cloves (peeled).
- You need of radish leaves.
- It’s of oregano.
- Prepare of cumin.
- Prepare of salt/pepper.
- It’s of To serve.
- You need of cabbage (thin slices).
- You need of radishes (sliced).
- Prepare of limes (sliced).
- You need of yellow corn tostadas.
- It’s of oregano.
Pozole Verde con Pollo instructions
- Rinse and cut the whole chicken in half. Cook the chicken with water, onion, garlic cloves, bay leaves, chicken buillon cube, and salt/pepper in medium-low heat. This will take about 30 minutes to cook. Make sure that the chicken is fully submerged in water. After cooking, remove the chicken and shred it. Strain the broth into a different container and set it aside for later..
- Cut the onion into large slices. Place the tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, and garlic cloves over a stove top grill pan. Evenly sautée the vegetables with a small amount of oil until they are halfway charred..
- Add the charred vegetables to a blender. Add the cilantro, radish leaves, cumin, and oregano. Add a cup of chicken broth and blend everything fully..
- Note: You can add a serrano pepper to the salsa verde when blending to give it extra heat..
- Fry the salsa verde in a large pot using a small amount of oil for 5 minutes in medium heat, stirring every minute. On the side, strain the large can of hominy. Do not rinse the hominy, since you want all the hominy flavor..
- Add the strained hominy, strained broth, and shredded chicken to the salsa verde in the large pot in low heat for 30 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir every 5 minutes..
- To serve, pour a portion of pozole with plenty of hominy and chicken into large soup bowls. Garnish with radish slices, cabbage, lime juice, and oregano. Dip the tostadas and enjoy. Best paired with a cold Dos Equis or Corona beer..