Crockpot Posole Soup.
You can have Crockpot Posole Soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Posole Soup
- It’s of Beef Chuck Roast.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Ancho Chiles (Seeds and Stems Removed) Can be found dehydrated and packaged this is what I used..
- You need of Onion (Medium Sized; 1/2in Diced).
- You need of Garlic Cloves (Good Sized).
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Cumin.
- Prepare of Mexican Oregano.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Canned Yellow Hominy; Drained.
- You need of Canned White Hominy; Drained.
- It’s of Small Salsa Verde (Green Sauce).
- It’s of Avocados.
- You need of Cabbage.
- It’s of Radishes.
- Prepare of Lemons (Wedge Sliced).
Crockpot Posole Soup step by step
- Add Water (Add a little extra if needed) and Beef Roast to the slow cooker, Cover on high for 3 hours..
- At the end of 3 hours, take out the Roast and add the salt, Mexican oregano, cumin, black pepper, Salsa Verde, ancho chiles, garlic,and onion to the water..
- Turn the slow cooker to low, cover, and continue to simmer on low for 3 more hours..
- Meanwhile, when the Roast is cool enough to handle, chop it up into regular-sized pieces and reserve it to add back to the soup later..
- After the 3 hours on low have elapsed, fish the chiles out of the broth and add them to a blender with a 1/2 cup of broth from the crock pot..
- Blend until smooth (about a minute or so) and add back to the crock, along with the Roast Meat..
- Lastly, Dump in your cans of hominy, season to taste (I added Garlic Salt to taste), cover, and let it all warm up another 20-30 minutes before serving. (Or until preferred heat temperature).
- For Garnish; Cut up the Avocados into long slices, Cabbage, and Radishes and put whatever you like on your soup bowl, Then top with a squeezed wedge of lemon juice. Enjoy! :).