Menudo de la Frontera (Border Menudo).
You can cook Menudo de la Frontera (Border Menudo) using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Menudo de la Frontera (Border Menudo)
- You need of Menudo main ingredients.
- You need of menudo or beef honeycomb tripe.
- Prepare of Large can of white posole (hominy) 6lb 9oz. can.
- You need of onion.
- It’s of Chile Colorado or Red Chile sauce.
- It’s of Long dried red chiles.
- You need of dried cayenne peppers (Chile de Arbol).
- Prepare of tomato sauce: 4 oz.
- You need of Crushed dried oregano.
- Prepare of garlic minced.
- Prepare of silver dollar size section of onion.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of boiled chile water.
Menudo de la Frontera (Border Menudo) step by step
- Dice your tripe (menudo) to the size of nickels, careful to trim fat.
- This is fat, remove as much as possible.
- Once meat is cut wash thoroughly, first wash water below.
- Repeat 3 times, minimum 3 washes but recommend 4. Menudo will be greasy if not washed properly..
- Water should look less cloudy, menudo will take a pale appearance. Last wash water below.
- In a large stock pot filed with water place menudo to cook with 1/2 an onion.
- Cook with a rolling boil for 3 hours until meat tender.
- After 3 hours add full can of hominy with water, should replenish lost stock due to boiling.
- Boil 30 more min.
- Chile: take long red dried chiles remove stems and seeds.
- Boil chiles 10 min until soft, save boil water.
- In a blender combine all the sauce ingredients. Use the chile boil water as the base for the sauce..
- Blend on high for 5 min.
- Once blended add whole blender of chile to the boiling menudo, soup will turn red.
- Cook with sauce for additional 15 min. Salt to taste (note: this will be a lot of salt because a lot of soup) salt and taste broth until your desired flavor is reached..
- Boil after salt for 15 min.
- Serve with pan Blanco and enjoy. Add oregano, lime, crushed red pepper as toppings per bowl..