Brad's pozolé. You asked for it, you got it! By request, here is a recipe for a delicious holiday pozole. Packed with flavor and extremely easy to make.
See more ideas about Pozole, Pozole recipe, Mexican food recipes. · Delicious traditional pozole soup made the way Nana has served for generations. (Photo by Brad A. The pozole might be even better than the beans. It's the red kind, made with pork. You can cook Brad's pozolé using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's pozolé
- It’s of chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, chopped.
- It’s of pork shoulder roast.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- It’s of lg red onion, course chopped.
- It’s of dried cascabell chiles.
- Prepare of dried California chiles.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of lg can tomato sauce.
- Prepare of lg cans hominy, one yellow one white.
- You need of oregano.
- Prepare of cilantro, chopped.
- You need of powdered chicken bouillon.
- You need of Mesa flour, optional.
- Prepare of regular or spicy cicharrones, (pork rinds).
- You need of for the toppings.
- It’s of shredded cabbage.
- It’s of cilantro chopped.
- It’s of red onion, diced.
- It’s of lime wedges.
- You need of sliced radishes.
Pozole Rojo (Red pozole): Red pozole is popular in Michoacán and Jalisco States. It is the same as the above recipe, but dried chiles are added. This pozole rojo, or "red" pozole, is made with pork shoulder or shanks, red chiles, and lots of hominy corn. I made this for my parents, and they loved it.
Brad's pozolé instructions
- Cut the pork roast into bite sized pieces. Place in a LG frying pan. Add a little oil, pepper, and garlic powder. Fry until well browned.
- Remove to a LG soup pot. Add water and chopped onion. Boil at a little more than a simmer for two hours. Stir often..
- Remove the stems and seeds from all the chiles. Place in a small saucepan. Add water just to cover. Boil for 10-15 min until they get tender. Let cool. Add to a blender with enough of the cooking water to make a smooth thick sauce.
- Prepare the toppings. Chop and arrange on a LG plate..
- After two hours, add the chopped chicken, chile sauce, tomato sauce, hominy, oregano, cilantro, and bouillon. Let cook another half hour, stir often..
- 10 minutes before done, add cicharrones, stir..
- This step is completely optional. My household likes it a little thicker. If so, add mesa flour one tbs at a time while stirring soup. Continue until you reach the desired thicness..
- Serve soup in large bowls. Add desired toppings. Enjoy..
- I served with plantains over rice. Recipe on my profile..
El pozole (del náhuatl pozolli, de tlapozonalli, «hervido» o «espumoso», o del cahíta posoli, «cocer maíz»), o caldo de maíz, es un plato tradicional mexicano, un caldo hecho a base de granos de maíz de un tipo conocido comúnmente como cacahuazintle, a la que se agrega, según la región. Pozole is a soupy and aromatic one-bowl stew from Mexico, usually served to crowds on special occasions and celebrations such as Christmas, weddings, or birthdays. Pozole is a spicy Mexican soup filled with hominy and pork for a truly warming winter soup. Try our Slow-Cooker Chicken Pozole ! Pozole Rojo is typically served with pork and relies on a longer simmer in a red sauce made from dried chilis.