Easy Pozole Mexican Style. Mexican American Pozole Rojo de Puerco! just the way your grandmother made it. Easy step by step recipe all you need is a little time. Mexican Style Green Hominy Chicken Soup.
Ingredients of Easy Pozole Mexican Style
- Prepare of Pork ( I use shoulder).
- Prepare of Hominy ( Juanita 25 oz can).
- It’s of Chicken bullion ( Knorr 7.9 oz).
- It’s of Menudo seasoning mix (El Mexicano 3/4 oz).
- It’s of Chipotle peppers in Adobe sauce.
In Mexican cuisine there are two versions of Pozole that you'll frequently come across: Pozole Rojo and Pozole Verde. Pozole Rojo is typically served with pork and relies on a longer simmer in a. Pozole, AKA posole or pozolé, is a traditional Mexican soup. Because making it is labor-intensive and time-consuming, it's often a treat for special This is a white pozole recipe made with chicken.
Easy Pozole Mexican Style instructions
- Fill out a large pot with water (I used approximately 2 gallons of water) and bring to a boil. Rinse pork and place in boiling water. Add the chicken bullion ( I use the whole container; you can add more or less). Cook on low-med heat until the pork is tender, making sure it's always under water..
- Pork should be tender when the meat begins to fall off the bone. Remove any bones or undesired fat. Add 4 cans of hominy (any desired amount) and menudo mix ( I use 1/2 bag). Simmer ingredients for 20 minutes..
- Carefully pour out the sauce (not the actual pepper) from the chipotle pepper can. Add the desired amount of spice ( a little goes a long way so beware). I add 3 sazon packets to add a bit more of flavor and give the soup a nice red color but it's not necessary..
- If you would like to make your own sauce instead of using chipotle sauce: bring to a boil a "bunch" of dried ancho peppers or chile de arbol (which is real spicy). Pour the chiles with some of the boiled water and blend in a blender. Pour the chile contents into a strainer (you want the sauce and not the peel or seeds). Mix with pozole..
- Garnish with fresh cabbage and radishes. Enjoy with chips or bread!.
The white pozole is the easiest of the major types of pozole to make. I found this recipe on Simply Recipes. Ridiculously easy, inexpensive Mexican pozole (posole) recipe that is sure to impress with pork, hominy, green chilies, and a twist of lime. This may just be the easiest pozole recipe ever. Seriously it is easy, inexpensive and feeds an army.