Hj's Posole. Mexican pork posole crock pot slow cooker meal. Red Posole Peppers are Guajillo and Ancho Peppers. DIRECTIONS mmm me encant el posole.apenas encontre hominy aqui en England.pero me estoy preparando para el posole de mi.
See more ideas about Posole recipe, Posole, Pozole recipe. · Traditional Mexican pozole (posole) is a rich, brothy soup made with pork, hominy, and red chiles. "Authentic Pozole Rojo (Red Posole) Recipe". Simply Recipes. "Sacred Stew : Posole, a Native American corn dish, is served at pueblo festivals, but it can also be sampled in restaurants around. I was really excited to try this recipe for a traditional New Mexico Posole. You can cook Hj's Posole using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hj's Posole
- It’s of Seasoning mix.
- Prepare of Bay leaves.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Dry Thyme leaves.
- It’s of Red chili powder.
- You need of Black pepper.
- You need of Red chili pepper flakes (optional).
- It’s of Vegetable mix.
- You need of Celery. Chopped.
- It’s of Yellow onion. Chopped.
- Prepare of Bell pepper. Chopped.
- It’s of Remaining ingredients.
- You need of Margarine or Butter.
- Prepare of Keilbasa sausage, cut into 1/2 inch rounds..
- Prepare of Boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks.
- You need of Garlic. Chopped.
- You need of Your favorite spaghetti sauce..
- Prepare of 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth, as needed.
- It’s of White hominy, drained.
- Prepare of Black beans, drained.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- You need of Sour cream.
- It’s of Monterey Jack cheese.
- It’s of Thick flour tortillas.
For a first try I use the recipe as is and from there make modifications. Add some water or broth if the posole is too thick. Serve with assorted toppings and the remaining chile sauce. Posole, a Mexican classic made with hominy and jalapeños, travels north of the border to conquer the We may earn a commission from these links.
Hj's Posole step by step
- Combine ingredients for seasoning mix and set aside..
- In separate bowl, combine vegetable mix and set aside..
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven (preferably heavy and not non-stick), melt the butter over medium heat..
- Add Keilbasa; sautee until pieces bargain to brown, about 3 minutes. Add chicken and sautee 5 minutes longer..
- Add seasoning mix, vegetable mix and garlic, sautee until vegetables start to soften, about 10 minutes..
- Add the spaghetti sauce, 1cup of the chicken broth, hominy and black beans; cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes (start with 1 cup of chicken broth and add more during simmering if mixture seems too thick)..
- To serve, remove bay leaves, ladle into large bowls, top with a dollop of sour cream, sprinkle with cheese and serve with flour tortillas. Also good over rice..
I had never tried to make a posole before and both my husband and I really enjoyed the wonderful mixture of flavors and the nice 'kick' to. This hominy-studded stew is well known as a cure for hangovers and is often eaten in the wee hours of the morning as a preventive. Pozole is also popular in New Mexico, where it is usually spelled posole. Download Posole stock vectors at the best vector graphic agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock vectors, illustrations and cliparts at reasonable prices. This easy Posole from Delish.com is the perfect way to enjoy your favorite Mexican dish.