Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder.
You can have Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder
- Prepare of bacon.
- Prepare of diced, celery.
- You need of onion, chopped.
- It’s of hominy.
- It’s of cubed, ham.
- You need of peppers, different colors.
- It’s of serranos.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- It’s of cilantro.
- You need of savory.
- You need of herb de provence.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of seasoning salt.
- It’s of half and half.
- Prepare of instant potatoes.
Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder instructions
- Dice and cook bacon until slightly crisp, drain off most of the grease.
- Add celery and onion, saute a couple of minutes and then add the peppers and serranos.
- Once all of the vegetables are 2/3 cooked had the ham, the broth, drained hominy and seasonings. Make sure the liguid covers the other ingredients. If it does not add more broth or water..
- Once hot, add the half and half, and the instant potatoes. Depending upon the brand adjust the amount of instant potatoes..