Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan. Mexican rice drink gets a dairy-free makeover for a lighter, less sugary beverage Horchata so good, you won't even know it's vegan – The San Diego Union-Tribune Great recipe for Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan. Hubby loves everything Mexican, and this is his all time favorite Mexican drink along with Mexican hot cocoa that we make from home roasted cacao beans. Anyway, it is sweet but you can adjust the sweetness to your liking. (: Add the uncooked rice, water, coconut milk, cinnamon sticks, and cinnamon to a medium-sized pot and bring to a full boil.
Traditional Mexican horchata is often made with just rice, but in some Central American countries almonds or other nuts are added for a richer, creamier finish. Homemade horchata is a cool, creamy drink made from rice, almonds, and cinnamon. This recipe is dairy-free so everyone can enjoy it. You can have Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan
- You need of Uncooked long grain white rice.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Vietnamese Cinnamon (Ideally use Mexican cinnamon but this was all i had at home and worked just fine).
- Prepare of Vanilla Bean Paste (or you can use Mexican vanilla).
- You need of White Granulated sugar.
- It’s of Evaporated milk(optional, ommit for vegan /dairy free version, i promise you wont miss it!!!).
I'm pretty sure I could eat it every day and not get tired of it. There are a few different Mexican restaurants here in town that I frequent depending on my mood. Mexican Horchata, also known as Agua de Horchata, is one of the most popular Mexican drinks ever! A delicious creamy, rich, and very sweet drink with delicate cinnamon flavors made with white rice, cinnamon, and milk.
Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan instructions
- soak rice in water and cinnamon overnight..
- the next day pour the rice and soaking water into the blender. I use a Vitamix blender because it pulverizes the rice very well. blend away then add vanilla, sugar and evaporated milk if you're using it and blend again..
- You can strain it through a cheese cloth if you would like but I prefer the slightly thicker consistency from keeping all the rice in the drink. Now let chill in the fridge. Serve over ice with your favorite Mexican dish!!! enjoy!.
It is served on every corner in Mexico, but only the one freshly made and with high-quality ingredients tastes the best. Special Diet Notes: Vegan Horchata No Churn Ice Cream. By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. An easy to make, cool, creamy, delicious beverage – this Almond and Rice Mexican Horchata is naturally dairy free. Soaked rice and almonds blended into a creamy chilled drink and then lightly spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.