Horchata. This easy to make, authentic Mexican drink is the perfect recipe to have on hand as those hot sunny days are just around the. Horchata is a popular Latin American rice-based drink. This sweetened cinnamon-vanilla beverage is common in the Mexican taquerias that pepper San Antonio, Texas, the city I now call home.
Ingredients of Horchata
- Prepare of water.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of cinnamon.
- Prepare of rice milk.
Today, you'll see a huge glass mason jar filled with ice and horchata at almost. Horchata, also known as orxata, is a sweet drink popular in Latin America, Spain, and parts of Africa. The drink is rice-based in Latin America, but in Spain and Africa it is made with tiger nuts (chufa). Horchata lojana is a tea type drink made from a variety of herbs and flowers including escancel or bloodleaf, lemon verbena, lemon grass, mint, chamomile, lemon balm, rose geranium, among others.
Horchata step by step
- Heat water, sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved (it might take a few minutes.).
- Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool..
- Pour rice milk into a pitcher, or any container that is large enough to hold 1 quart and 1/3 cup of liquid.
- Pour the sugar/water/cinnamon mixture into the rice milk and stir.
- Let chill in the fridge.
- Tip: Try not to add ice because when the ice melts, it gets pretty watered down.
- Optional: Add tapioca balls if you want. It makes it taste really good!.
A Creamy, Refreshing, Cinnamon Flavored Mexican Drink That Will Knock Your Socks Off With Flavor! It's Festive And Perfect For Any Occasion. Horchata is a traditional grain beverage existing in many cultures. Flavored with spices, it's usually creamy but dairy-free, delicious, and easy to What Is Horchata? Horchata or orxata as it is called in Catalan is a popular non-alcoholic drink originating from Valencia, Spain.