‘Hōtō’ Noodle Miso Soup. Hōtō (ほうとう) is a noodle soup and popular regional dish originating from Yamanashi, Japan made by stewing flat udon noodles and vegetables in miso soup. Though hōtō is commonly recognized as a variant of udon. This soup, inspired by last week's impromptu miso noodle bowl, was the perfect use for the lone zucchini sitting in my crisper.
One-Pot Spiralized Zucchini Noodle Miso Soup. While I take a victory lap. We are making very healthy Hoto Noodle Soup, a local dish in Yamanashi Prefecture. You can cook ‘Hōtō’ Noodle Miso Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ‘Hōtō’ Noodle Miso Soup
- Prepare 250 g of Plain Flour.
- It’s 125 ml (1/2 cup) of Water.
- Prepare 3 cups of Dashi Stock.
- You need 1/2-1 of Carrot.
- You need 200-300 g of Chicken *thinly sliced (*can be replaced by Tofu).
- It’s 3-4 of Satoimo (Taro) OR 1 large Potato.
- It’s 3-4 of Shiitake OR Shimeji.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 of Daikon.
- You need 1/8 of Pumpkin.
- It’s 1-2 of Abura-age (Deep-fried Thin Tofu).
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons of Miso.
- Prepare 2 of Spring Onion *thinly sliced.
This is a nutritious and balanced recipe that will warm you up so you Homepage > Recipes > Soup Recipes > Nabe Recipes > Hoto Noodle Soup Recipe (Flat Noodles and Vegetables Stewed in Miso Soup). Instant rice noodles in a Japanese Miso soup with seaweed. Eat like an Emperor and rise like the sun. Pot Noodle Asian Street Style Japanese Miso Noodle Soup is a Street Style feast you can eat on your feet.
‘Hōtō’ Noodle Miso Soup instructions
- Make noodles first. Mix Plain Flour and Water in the ratio of 2 to 1 and make dough. Flatten the dough using a rolling pin or pasta maker and cut into about 1cm width..
- Prepare Chicken and Vegetables. Cut all into small bite-size pieces or slices..
- Heat Dashi Stock in a pot, add Vegetables and Chicken and cook over medium heat until almost soft. Then add uncooked Noodles and Miso. The amount of Miso depends on the type and saltiness of Miso..
- When noodles are cooked and the soup is thickened, add chopped Spring Onions and serve..
Ingredients You Need for Hoto Noodle Soup. This home-style noodle soup is a lot more flexible when it comes to ingredients. You can use what you The main flavor for the noodle soup is dashi made with anchovies and kombu that is seasoned with local miso. Mutenka Enjuku Koji Miso (with a green. Miso soup is not miso soup without dashi.