Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche. These tostadas are fiesta for your taste buds, my friends! It's packed with plump shrimp, zesty lime, juicy tomatoes, sharp onions, spicy peppers, crunchy carrots and rich avocado! In this Mexican-inspired shrimp cocktail recipe, the shrimp are lightly poached in lime-infused water for a twist on a classic ceviche.
This easy Mexican ceviche takes minutes to prepare and is perfect for weekend gatherings and game nights. Last year I marveled at a chef demonstration when he so easily and quickly demonstrated homemade ceviche. Pathetically, I hadn't realized that the seafood was "cooked" from the acidity of. You can have Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche using 29 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche
- You need of Pre-steamed Jumbo Shrimp [chopped – tails removed].
- Prepare of Habenero Peppers [fine chopped].
- Prepare of EX Large Jalapeños [2 fine diced 2 sliced].
- Prepare of Calmato Juice [or more – well shaken – no substitutes].
- Prepare of Tapatio Hot Pepper Sauce [or more – no substitutes].
- Prepare of EX LG Cucumber [fine diced – seeds removed].
- Prepare of LG EX Firm Tomato [small chop].
- Prepare of Green Bell Pepper [fine minced].
- Prepare of Red Bell Pepper [fine minced].
- It’s of Yellow Bell Pepper [fine minced].
- You need of Vidalia Onion [fine diced].
- It’s of Red Onion [fine diced].
- It’s of Fresh Radishes [sliced].
- It’s of Fresh Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- You need of Pickled Onions & Carrots [optional].
- You need of Mexican Oregano [crushed].
- Prepare of Ground Cumin [or less].
- Prepare of Chives [fine chopped].
- You need of Cracked Sea Salt.
- You need of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s of Sugar [optional if not using Vidalia onions].
- You need of ● For The Options.
- You need of Sliced Avocados [to be added just prior to serving].
- You need of Cream Cheese.
- It’s of Garlic Triskets.
- Prepare of Tortilla Chips.
- Prepare of Pita Chips.
This shrimp ceviche recipe is traditional to the beach town of Acapulco, Mexico. Unlike versions calling for raw fish, this ceviche starts with The shrimp is tossed in this flavorful blend, covered, and refrigerated until ready to serve. Serve with chopped fresh tomatoes for a beautiful burst of color! It's spicy and full of yummy flavors.
Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche instructions
- Chop up all of your fresh vegetables and add all other ingredients. Mix well..
- Jumbo Shrimp pictured..
- Clamato and Tapatio Mexican Hot Sauce pictured. If you use any other brands – I can't guarantee the outcome. 😔.
- Chill for at least 3 or, 12 hours if possible. Serve with fresh crispy saltine crackers, Triskets, cream cheese, additional hot sauce and ice cold Mexican beers with lime wedges. This is also great wrapped in flour tortillas..
Serve on a tostada and top with hot sauce. This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Shrimp Ceviche (Ceviche de Camarón) is a light and citrusy Mexican dish. Spicy shrimp ceviche served with avocado, celery and olive, perfect as an appetizer or a late night snack.