Deena's Sassy Slaw.
You can cook Deena's Sassy Slaw using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Deena's Sassy Slaw
- You need of Trader Joe's Shredded Cabbage (or 1 head of cabbage chopped).
- Prepare of Chopped Celery.
- Prepare of Shredded Carrots.
- You need of Chopped Red, Yellow and Green Peppers (if you only use one I think the orange tastes best).
- It’s of Sweet Yellow Onion Chopped.
- Prepare of Mayo.
- Prepare of Granulated Sugar.
- It’s of Milk.
- It’s of Buttermilk.
- Prepare of Seasoned Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare of Hot Sauce (we use Tapatio).
- Prepare of Pepper.
Deena's Sassy Slaw step by step
- Empty shredded cabbage into a mixing bowl. If you are choping your cabbage I recommend putting it through a food processor to make sure it is finely shredded..
- Chop up celery, carrots, peppers & onions and add them to cabbage, and toss..
- In a separate bowl, whisk mayo, sugar, milk, buttermilk, vinegar, hot sauce and pepper until well blended..
- Once it looks like it is a dressing consistency, pour over coleslaw mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate an hour for best flavor, but may also be served right away..