Posole. It is also popular (under the older spelling posole) in the cuisine of New Mexico where it was a common dish among the Pueblo Indians residing along the Rio "Authentic Pozole Rojo (Red Posole) Recipe". Pozole, AKA posole or pozolé, is a traditional Mexican soup. Because making it is labor-intensive and time-consuming, it's often a treat for special occasions.
Traditional Mexican pozole (posole) is a rich, brothy soup made with pork, hominy, and red chiles. Pile your bowl with toppings like shredded cabbage, radishes, cilantro, lime, and avocado! Red Posole Recipe with Pork (Pozole Rojo) Recipe – A Spicy Perspective. You can cook Posole using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Posole
- It’s of Chili pods.
- You need of salt.
- You need of Neck bone (espinaso).
- It’s of Hominy (large).
- It’s of onion.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare of Cabbage.
- You need of Valentina or Tapatio.
- You need of Lime.
- Prepare of Raddish.
Posole, the savory and hearty, rather soupy stew made from dried large white corn kernels simmered for hours, is traditional and easy to prepare. Stir in a ruddy red purée of dried New Mexico chiles to. Pozole, also known as posole, is a simple stew made with pork and hominy. Today we celebrate a Mexican inspired dish called Posole, or green pozole in this case!
Posole step by step
- In a large pot put the meat to boil in plain water. Add the onion. (Make sure meat is already cut up). Add 1 large spoon full of salt..
- When meat is nice and tender remove the onion. Grab your chili and take the stems off. Add the chili inside the pot and let them boil..
- Once boiled add them in a blender. With the same juice from the meat add it to the blender and blend them. Set to the side once finished..
- Open the 2 cans of hominy. Drain the juice then add the hominy in the pot of meat..
- Now add the chili you blended. Stir it. Let it sit for about 15 minutes. Taste it to see if needs salt..
- Serve your bowl and feel free to squeeze some lime. Add hot sauce. Put chopped up cabbage and chopped up raddish..
Pozole, which means hominy, is filled with lots of umami flavor and is so simple, hearty and delicious. There is supposed to be plenty of broth. I have some dried hominy (posole) that I've been itching to use and this looks like the perfect opportunity! Pozole (posole) is a Spanish word, pronounced Po-ZO-leh. This soup isn't your traditional Pozole Rojo, that is much different.